A sneaky gardener alerted me to some delightfully clandestine goings-on tomorrow morning. My mom is in town and, so I won’t be able to attend the event myself (brunch calls, alas). But I wanted to give some publicity to DC Guerilla Gardeners‘ very first event. I’ll definitely come to the next one. Good luck, guerillas! Here’s the info:
D.C. Guerilla Gardeners is getting to ready to attack, er… garden a neighborhood spot near you! Want to get involved? Your chance could literally be right around the corner.
- What: The FIRST-EVER D.C. Guerilla Gardeners Event! Woo!
- When: Sunday, April 18, 2010
- Time: 10am – Completion
- Where: T Street NW at Vermont Avenue NW
- More Where: Location is one block from the U Street/African American Civil War Memorial Metro stop on the Green Line.
- Bring: Bottled water (for yourself to drink), sunscreen (we like to make things green, not red), gardening gloves, your preferred garden tools (spade, trowel, shovel, etc.)*
- RSVP: If you’re so inclined, let D.C. Guerilla Gardeners know you’re coming so that we can be sure to bring enough snacks. Did I say, “Snacks?” I SURE DID! There will be snacks, oh yes indeedio.